Traffic Safety Reminders: As we continue to strive for safety and tranquility around Leigh during drop off and pick up, I wanted to send a few reminders with some additions.
- Leave just ten minutes earlier in the morning and ten minutes later in the afternoon. This will help stagger the numbers of cars converging on Leigh.
- Do NOT make any U-Turns on Los Gatos Almaden Ave anywhere from Leigh to Harwood. Not only do they put other drivers in danger, it outs our pedestrians and bikers in harms way as well.
- Drop students ONLY in the appropriately designated areas at the curbs on Los Gatos Almaden. The bikes lanes are meant for bikes only and dropping off in the middle of the street is incredibly dangerous.
- Do NOT block the intersection where the crosswalk is at Hershner and Leigh. When cars pull forward and block the crosswalk, our students have to weave in and out of cars and are not visible to anyone driving in the far right to make a right hand turn onto Los Gatos Almaden.
- Using residential streets as shortcuts has created a number of choke points as well as unsafe streets around Leigh. Please be respectful of our neighbors. Saving two minutes on your drive is coming at a high price for streets like Lone Hill and Noella.
Celebrating Ms. Snouffer: We will be celebrating Erika Snouffer on Thursday, November 16th from 2:30-3:30 in our Cafeteria. We look forward to staff, students (past and present), and Erika’s family coming together to remember her. There will be refreshments, a couple of prepared messages as well as an open mic opportunity with the event culminating at the unveiling of her memorial. An invitation will be sent early next week. Please feel free to pass on the information to others who do not or no longer receive my weekly bulletin.
SAT Preparation Course for Spring 2018: Given the popularity of the “SAT Master” course offered by Future Path Prep at Leigh High School, we are opening one more session in the Spring. For only $135.00, this 13-hour course will teach you all of the critical strategies and skills needed for success on the SAT.
- Class Dates and Time: April 2, 4, 18, 25 -> 6:00-8:00pm AND April 16, 23 -> 6:00-8:30pm
- Location: Leigh High School, Room TBD
- Eligibility: Open to current juniors AND sophomores
The winter session (in February and March) has just a couple of spots left, please check both to find the best schedule for you. Please note that a limited number of scholarships, funded by the College and Career Center through the HSC, are available to students who need help covering the cost of this course. Please contact your student's guidance counselor or the principal or vice-principal if you want to inquire about scholarship options. For additional course information, or to register, go to www.futurepathprep.com. You can also contact the Leigh College and Career Center at email@example.com if you have any questions about this and other upcoming test-prep workshops and opportunities. Click this LINK to take you to the flyer for this class.
One Day Only: BIG Savings on a New Mattress - October 28th: Our 2nd Annual Sweet Dreams Leigh Mattress sale is just around the corner. For just ONE DAY you, your friends, and neighbors can save 30 to 50% off a custom made mattress. Shop for all sizes and types of mattresses in Leigh's cafeteria from 10am to 5pm on October 28th. While you save BIG on a new mattress Leigh Performing Arts will gain BIG by earning a portion of the total sales on that day. Learn more by watching the video or visiting the event page. Download the flyer for extra discounts.
If you have any questions about the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Percussion: Winter Percussion is starting soon! Come be a part of this World Class group. All musicians are invited to participate, whether you have prior percussion experience or not. We will find a place for you in our ensemble. This year is especially exciting, as we will be traveling to Dayton, Ohio to compete at the WGI World Championships.
Interested students should attend the following clinics in the band room:
Thursday 11/2 5-8 pm for drum line
Friday 11/10 5-8 pm for front ensemble
Interested students AND parents, please join us for a meeting, Thursday 11/2, 8-9 pm, in the band room.
Winter Guard Clinic and Parent Meeting: First Clinic: Tuesday, November 7, 5 - 8:30 p.m. Parent Meeting November 8th (Wednesday) 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Room 75 (Band Room) We are gearing up for the 2017-2018 Winter Guard season with our parent meeting and clinics. Come and learn what Winter Guard is all about! Although this is not our designated travel year, we do plan to attend WGI Western Regionals in San Diego in March! We will review the entire season and answer questions at the parent meeting, including the schedule, budget, travel and volunteer opportunities.
The Clinic Schedule is as follows:
November 7th (Tuesday) 5:00 - 8:30pm
November 14th (Tuesday) 5:00 - 8:30pm
Any questions? Please contact Leslie Sugai at email@example.com
Leigh Haunted House is in FULL SWING: The GRUSELIG FOREST is proving to be one scary place, but certainly worth the tour. We have had a great run of the Haunted house and still have several dates to go. You will want to experience these haunting tours of your choice (HINT: you really want to go through ALL three).
We have several show dates left:
- Thursday, Oct 26th(7-10pm)
- Friday, Oct 27th(7-10pm)
- Saturday, Oct 28th(7-10pm)
- Tuesday Halloween, Oct 31st (Matinee 3-6pm)
Get your tickets online and you won’t have to wait or at the Theater door. Tickets available at https://leighhsdrama.vbotickets.com
Theater Arts Bake Sale – Saturday, October 28th : The performing arts student are holding another bake sale this coming Saturday at Safeway on Union from 11-3pm. Stop by and support the students as 100% of this fundraiser will go to events such as the California and International Thespian Conventions. We will certainly have a variety of sweets for you to take home for Halloween. Thank you!
What Are Leigh Kids Up To: The Leigh Longhorns Marching Band and Colorguard started their competition season in strong form. On Oct 7th they competed in the Feste Del Mar band competition taking 1st place in their division with the third highest score overall. They also scored 2nd overall in the Percussion category.
On Oct 14th, the band competed in the Gilroy Garlic City Classic and finished 3rd in their division. The Marching Band, along with students from nearby Middle Schools, next performs during half-time of the Oct 27th football game vs. Westmont.