Key Points for Start of School Distance Learning
Students are required to attend their classes. There is one day a week with no class periods scheduled, but students will still have required sessions to attend on that day (including, but not limited to, an advisory-like meeting with an assigned teacher).
Grades will be letter grades. All expectations for earning grades will be defined in each teacher's class syllabus.
- Leigh High School will be utilizing Canvas so that we can have one platform for students to access information about and links for their courses. Teachers will also likely be communicating with their classes using digital means such as email and remind.
- Staff will likely be using Remind or *67 when calling families so please note that when calls are coming in from No ID callers
- Your first point of contact for questions about a class should be the teacher of the class. They are the best person to answer your questions about getting on for classes and tutorials, completing assignments, grading, or any other class related questions
- All school rules apply, even in a remote setting. See teacher communications for their specific expectations
- Students are expected to act in a manner appropriate for school when interacting with teachers, students, and staff
- Distance Learning requires vigilant attention to your profile icon(s), surroundings during video, backgrounds, etc. Students will need to spend at least some of their class time with their camera on. Treat the online classroom as you would a regular, in-person classroom.
- Failure to adhere to these expectations will result in progressive discipline