Class of 2022 Election Timeline
Wednesday, September 27th: Mandatory informational meeting at lunch in room 72
Wednesday, October 3, 2018: Applications are due to room 72 BY 2:30 pm
Applications are now available online:
Visit www.leigh.cuhsd.org - “Activities and Extracurriculars” - click on “ASB Student Officers and Appointed Leaders” - click on “Join ASB” (right side of the screen)
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 - Friday, October 12, 2018: Campaigning Week
October 9: Room 72 opens @ 6:15 am to approve posters
October 9-10: Interviews and filming speeches (Time and Location TBD)
October 11-12: Speeches played in English classes and voting begins
October 12: ALL election materials must be taken down by 2:30 pm. Elections results will be emailed by 5pm.
- The application is available online on the Leigh website under ASB extracurriculars. Please print out the application and turn it into room 72
- The budget for all supplies used for campaigning week is $50. You may be asked to turn in your receipts to check that your campaign is within the budget.
- Each candidate can have up to twelve 3ft. x 6ft. posters and twenty five 8.5in x 11in flyers
- Absolutely NO negative campaigning. Your posters or other forms of campaigning should not reference other candidates in a negative manner. Do not tamper with other candidates election materials. Any violations of this rule will result in disqualification from the election.
- Speeches are 1-2 minutes long, and every candidate can have one re-take. The speeches are used to introduce yourself to students and briefly share your election platform (qualifications, vision, goals, etc)
- You are responsible for cleaning up all of your campaign materials. Check your posters regularly to make sure they don’t fall down and any mess left by stickers/wrappers/etc that you give out are your responsibility to clean up. If all campaign materials are not taken down by 2:30 on Friday, 10/12 results will be delayed