Leigh High School 2019-2020 Elections
Monday, March 4, 2019: Mandatory informational meeting at lunch
Thursday, March 14th, 2019: Applications are due to room 72 BY 2:30 pm
Monday, March 25, 2019 - Friday, March 29, 2019: Campaigning Week
March 25: Room 72 opens @ 6:15 am to approve posters
March 25-26: Interviews and filming speeches (Time and Location TBD)
March 28-29: Speeches played in English classes and voting begins
March 29: ALL election materials must be taken down by 2:30 pm. Elections results will be emailed by 5pm.
- The application is available online on the Leigh website. Please print it out and turn it in to Mr. Speed in room 72.
- The budget for all supplies used for campaigning week is $50. You may be asked to turn in your receipts to check that your campaign is within the budget.
- Each candidate can have up to twelve 3ft. x 6ft. posters and twenty five 8.5in x 11in flyers
- Absolutely NO negative campaigning. Your posters or other forms of campaigning should not reference other candidates in a negative manner. Do not tamper with other candidates election materials. Any violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification from the election.
- Speeches are 1-2 minutes long, and every candidate can have one re-take. The speeches are used to introduce yourself to students and briefly share your election platform (qualifications, vision, goals, etc.)
- You are responsible for cleaning up all of your campaign materials. Check your posters regularly to make sure they have not fallen down. Any mess left by stickers/wrappers/etc. that you give out are your responsibility to clean up. If all campaign materials are not taken down by 2:30 on Friday 3/29 results will be delayed.