College & Career Center (CCC) Overview
We are continuing our online workshops which can be so helpful to your students as they try to navigate the college process and what classes they will start with. Our Course Selection Workshop (May 4th) is really a guide to understanding the pathways we provide to completion/transfer, provided by our Counseling faculty. Our Course Registration Workshop is learning how to navigate the registration process, read & understand the class schedule. See all of our online workshops here: outreach.missioncollege.edu
Mission College is hosting a Virtual Open House Thursday, May 13th – Saturday, May 15th for prospective students and families! Attendees will be able to connect directly with faculty and staff from some of our most popular academic departments and support programs. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a better sense of what the Mission College community is all about as we transition back to in-person classes! Learn more about Mission’s Open House
Help us spread the word as we guide your students every step of the way through the enrollment process! Registration for new students starts May 5th!
- Course Registration Workshop | Wednesday 5/5 @ 1:30pm | RSVP & Register Now
- Course Registration Workshop | Wednesday 5/5 @ 5:30pm | RSVP & Register Now
$$ Funding Opportunity – The WVC Community Grant $$
The WVC Community Grant provides 2021 CA high school graduates the opportunity to receive up to two years of free tuition and fees, plus additional funds that can be used for textbooks, transportation, or other expenses. Please note that this grant is not need-based, and we welcome all eligible students to apply.
Deadline: The Community Grant application is open now through August 6, 2021, and is on a first come, first served basis. Please help us encourage students to apply now!
Mrs G will offer recurring online conferences / Q&A sessions (group setting, so please be mindful that these won't be the right setting for confidential conversations)
for students only, email Mrs G for availability at firstname.lastname@example.org
for parents only, all grades, on Fridays from 1-2pm - Virtual 'Coffee & Cookies with Mrs G' time) - please join here:
We have been very actively monitoring college admissions chat rooms and forums and will bring the most up-to-date information to you as we collect it - but please be reassured that the whole country is working together to ensure that our high-schoolers will have the same chance at a great education as everyone else in the past. Although a lot of things are evolving on a daily (hourly?) basis, it is all done in a very mindful and positive fashion, and plans are coming together.
A Collection of COVID-19 Resources from National Educational Organizations
- American Federation of Teachers
- American School Counselor Association
- The Learning Counsel
- National Association of School Nurses
- National Association of Elementary School Principals
- National Association of Independent Schools
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- National College Attainment Network
- National Council for Teachers of English
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Home School Association
- National School Boards Association
- National Science Teaching Association
- School Superintendents Association
The College and Career Center, located in Room 28, provides resources for students and parents in their explorations of post-high school opportunities. We are staffed by one full-time CUHSD employee - Mrs Nathalie Goricanec, our College and Career Specialist, and many parent volunteers and are open every day from 8:30am until 3 or 4pm (hours vary). Our volunteers assist students in locating information regarding in- and out-of-state colleges and universities, in finding SAT and ACT dates and registration information, in discovering scholarship and financial aid opportunities, and by answering questions about the college preparation and application processes. We have dozens of books available for check out including current SAT study guides and popular college guidebooks like the Insider's Guide to the Colleges, the Fiske Guide and the 379 Best Colleges among many others. We also provide resources for students who may be looking at vocational and job opportunities after high school.
We encourage students of all grade levels and their parents to take advantage of our offerings.
To stay informed about news and announcements from the CCC:
- join our Facebook group LonghornsCCC
- follow us on Twitter @LonghornsCCC
- follow us on Instagram at cclhs
- get text reminders on your cell phone with Remind by texting @38df to 81010
- send an email to LonghornsCCC@gmail.com
- join our Leigh Longhorns CCC Newsletter mailing list: http://eepurl.com/c7KRAn
Log into Naviance to do the following:
- see the list of upcoming College visits at LHS
- manage college applications
- manage letters of recommendation
- request transcripts
- learn about scholarship opportunities