How to Participate
Welcome to Leigh Athletics. Per CIF, the Fall and Winter sport seasons have been shifted later in the school year. More information regarding the new seasons may be found at the CCS website. Click here.
Here are the three steps to follow to tryout for a sport:
1. Schedule a sports physical with a physician
- Sports physicals are scheduled at Leigh at the beginning of each season. For the Fall season, physicals are on Thursday 7/22 at 2pm and on Thursday 8/5 at 2pm. The physicals take place in the Athletic Training Room (cost is $20). Bring a completed copy of the 2021-22 Athletic Physical Form (see below) for the doctor to sign.
Students may also schedule a sports physical with their family physician. Bring the 2020-21 Athletic Physical Form (See Forms below) with you for the doctor to fill out. Student/athletes and parents complete the rest of this form.
2. Complete the online registration process
- In order to be eligible to participate in Leigh Athletics, athletes and parents must complete the online athletic participation requirement (https://athleticclearance.com/).
- Make sure you are in 2021 - 2022 year when you are registering. You will need to upload your completed Athletic Physical Examination Form to complete the process. Step by step instructions may be found by clicking on instructions document below.
3. Sign up for TeamSnap
- The Leigh Athletics Department uses TeamSnap for each team's communication. Please send an email to the Athletic Director stating which sport(s) your child is interested in and he will send you an invite through TeamSnap to join that team. You will then receive updates and announcements through Teamsnap from each team you are associated with.
- We encourage you to download the Teamsnap App on your phone so you can access the chat function (some of our teams use this to communicate). Updates and announcements can also be found on this website on each team's page.
Stay up to date with all the teams
- Follow Leigh Athletics on Twitter for game updates and photos
- Follow Sports Boosters on Facebook for game updates and photos
- View Live Stream videos of games
Depending on your driving situations for sports, forms must be filled out completely and filed with the school.