What is accreditation?
What is Leigh High School’s current accreditation status?
What is the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)?
What criteria does WASC use to evaluate schools?
- The level of student achievement;
- The capacity of the school to implement, monitor, and accomplish its strategic plan;
- How well the strategic plan targets resources to areas that most impact student learning;
- Information contained in the school’s own self-evaluation; and
- The school’s status in relation to the expectations of institutional or governing authorities.
- The evaluation team will then make recommendations to WASC on the level of accreditation the school should receive.
What is the process like?
What is an accreditation status?