Connect With Us
5210 Leigh Ave
San Jose, CA 95124
Bulletins & Newsletters
- Principal Kara Butler sends an email update at the end of each week. All parents/guardians are automatically subscribed to this bulletin.
- If you are a current parent and do not receive this in your inbox and would like to, please reach out to Mrs. Butler directly.
- The weekly bulletin can be viewed in ParentSquare.
- Our Activities Director sends an email to students every morning focused on what's happening for students at school for that day and the upcoming week. A summary of this information is published every Monday. The Daily Announcements & the Weekly Bulletin are a wealth of information on clubs, student activities, fundraisers, homework center info etc.
- Ms. Celeste Smiley is Leigh's teacher representative. Ms. Smiley collects news and information from our Leigh teachers and puts together a newsletter once a month.
- This is available here and is also shared in the Home & School Club Monthly newsletter.
- The Home & School Club publishes a newsletter once a month. View on the HSC website.
- Parents opt in to receive this newsletter when they complete their data confirmation at the beginning of the school year.
- If you do not receive this newsletter and would like to do so, sign up online.
- The CUHSD Community Newsletter focuses on district news and information. Leigh is one of five public schools in our district.
- The district's newsletters are distributed monthly via email to CUHSD families and community members.
- Parents/guardians and staff are automatically subscribed to this newsletter.
In this section, you'll find all the tools you need to track your students' progress throughout their time at Leigh. An email account is needed to access these systems. If you do not have a personal email account, we recommend creating a Gmail Account. However, any email provider will work.
Leigh is using ParentSquare/StudentSquare for school communication. Parents/guardians are encouraged to register with ParentSquare to see all school-wide and district-wide messages in one place, with options to specify how and when they are notified. Messages can be delivered via phone, text, email, and the Parent Square App. It is recommended that parents/guardians download the ParentSquare app.
Aeries is the holder of permanent records: student grades (at the 6-wk, 12-wk and Semester mark), transcripts, report cards, test scores, and daily attendance. Parents/guardians can update emergency contact and medical information in Aeries. Each year, during the registration process, parents/guardians of both new and returning students are required to either register or update information in Aeries.
Canvas is a program that allows teachers, students and parents to communicate on a daily basis regarding assignments and grades. It is also a means to communicate directly with teachers. Parents can sign in to Canvas and set up how and when they want to be notified regarding their students grades and assignments.
Naviance is a program that allows parents and students to access college and career information efficiently. Students can perform detailed searches of colleges and universities, research scholarships, complete questionnaires useful for college and career planning, view historical data from our school for students who have applied in past years & an acceptance history of Leigh graduates at individual colleges.