Connect With Us
5210 Leigh Ave
San Jose, CA 95124
Bulletins & Newsletters
- An email update is shared at the end of each week summarizing important information as well as upcoming activities and events. All parents/guardians are automatically subscribed to this bulletin.
- The weekly bulletin can be viewed in ParentSquare.
- Students receive an email each day with updates for that day and other important announcements.
- View Daily Bulletin folder
- Ms. Celeste Smiley is Leigh's teacher representative. Ms. Smiley collects news and information from our Leigh teachers and puts together a newsletter once a month.
- This is available here and is also shared in the Home & School Club Monthly newsletter.
- The Home & School Club publishes a newsletter once a month. View on the HSC website.
- Parents opt in to receive this newsletter when they complete their data confirmation at the beginning of the school year.
- If you do not receive this newsletter and would like to do so, sign up online.
- The CUHSD Community Newsletter focuses on district news and information. Leigh is one of five public schools in our district.
- The district's newsletters are distributed monthly via email to CUHSD families and community members.
- Parents/guardians and staff are automatically subscribed to this newsletter.
In this section, you'll find all the tools you need to track your students' progress throughout their time at Leigh. An email account is needed to access these systems. If you do not have a personal email account, we recommend creating a Gmail Account. However, any email provider will work.
Leigh is using ParentSquare/StudentSquare for school communication. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent/guardian using their preferred email address and phone number. Parents/guardians are encouraged to access their accounts to see all school-wide and district-wide messages in one place, with options to specify how and when they are notified. Messages can be delivered via phone, text, email, and the Parent Square App. It is recommended that parents/guardians download the ParentSquare app.
Aeries is the holder of permanent records: student grades (at the 6-wk, 12-wk and Semester mark), transcripts, report cards, test scores, and daily attendance. Parents/guardians can update emergency contact and medical information in Aeries. Each year, during the registration process, parents/guardians of both new and returning students are required to either register or update information in Aeries.
Canvas is a program that allows teachers, students and parents to communicate on a daily basis regarding assignments and grades. It is also a means to communicate directly with teachers. Parents can sign in to Canvas and set up how and when they want to be notified regarding their students grades and assignments.
Naviance is a program that allows parents and students to access college and career information efficiently. Students can perform detailed searches of colleges and universities, research scholarships, complete questionnaires useful for college and career planning, view historical data from our school for students who have applied in past years & an acceptance history of Leigh graduates at individual colleges.