Earn college credits through Leigh High School
All costs are covered, including the enrollment fees, books, and classroom materials.
Some important facts about students enrolled in the Dual Enrollment Program:
- Students are on the WVC calendar. For this upcoming spring semester, the courses start on January 29 and end on May 21. Some holidays may differ between WVC and CUHSD. Students are expected to attend class in accordance with the WVC calendar. WVC observes President’s Day on February 19 and spring break on April 1-5.
- Courses students complete, and grades earned, remain on the student’s permanent college transcript. Students can use these units towards high school graduation, towards a WVC degree or certificate, and at other colleges and universities in the future.
- Students are permitted to enroll in any class, even if the class is not held on the student’s campus.
- LRSV 1, Learning Strategies for College and Careers is designed for students on Individual Education Plans (IEPs). It is a great opportunity to facilitate an introduction into college, learn to navigate college systems, and essential life skills that support student success.
- Completed applications for the Spring 2024 term must be submitted to your counselor by Friday, December 8.
Courses Offered Spring 2024 term
If you require more information about the program, there will be a Zoom session to all students and parents that are interested on Thursday, November 30, 5:00PM. You can attend by using the following Zoom link, https://wvm-edu.zoom.us/j/93730575231?pwd=dGh2NG5LZjFlZUtkbThscTFQcVpZUT09
To apply, complete the instructions below. Students must create an account through OpenCCCApply, obtain a California Community College ID number, use that ID to complete a West Valley College application and obtain a West Valley College ID number and complete the online Dual Enrollment Application. If you have enrolled in one of our courses before, you will still need to apply again for this upcoming term.
- Complete an online application at Apply and Register for Classes | West Valley College. (Students who were in the DE program in a previous term are required to complete a new application). Here you will create an OpenCCCApply account. You will receive a CCC ID# (ex: AF861972) via email; this is not your West Valley College ID#. Your CCC ID# will give you access to the online application.
- Using your CCC ID#, log into OpenCCCApply through the Apply Now link and complete the West Valley College Application.
- Within 5min – 2hrs you will receive your West Valley College ID# (ex: G08100081) via email. Save this number in a place you can easily access it. You will need this number moving forward. Email the WVC Admissions Office if you do not receive your ID number, [email protected]. Include your name, confirmation number, and birthdate.
- Click on the link Dual Enrollment | West Valley College to access the Dual Enrollment Application. The application will be sent to the appropriate school counselor.