College Advantage Program
Ability to finish high school at West Valley Community College
College Advantage is an educational option for high performing seniors, who have at least a 3.8 weighted GPA, to complete a year of college while completing the requirements for their high school diploma. This is for Seniors only and is by invitation.
The student's entire senior year is spent at West Valley College in a variety of college courses in English, mathematics, science, humanities, and social science. They may begin a certificate program, an associate degree and/or accrue transferable college credits for a four-year university. There is an option to participate in a college honors program. Upon completion of high school graduation requirements; students will receive a diploma from their home high school. For information, please contact your School Counselor.
- Have completed at least 180 semester units with no make-ups required.
- Have a 3.8 Total weighted Academic G.P.A. or higher
- Submit two (2) completed recommendation forms from a high school teacher & counselor
- Complete 5 short essay prompts
- Complete a College Advantage application by the due date
- Completion of West Valley English Placement Exam showing eligibility for English Writing 1A (ERWT 1A)
- A school record of responsible, mature, self-directed behavior
- Parent permission
**Note: Completing these criteria does not guarantee admission