Dual Enrollment - Leigh & West Valley
- The courses West Valley College is offering through this Dual Enrollment Program are taught only to students in the Campbell Union High School District.
- Typically, WVC instructors come to your high school and you take a class as a college student. As we all are still sheltering in place, our courses for Fall 2021 will be offered entirely in the synchronous online modality (i.e. with scheduled days and times).
- Even if you do not intend to enroll at WVC after graduation, the course(s) and the units completed transfer to other colleges and universities.
- For every three college units a student enrolls in, that student earns ten units on their high school transcript.
- The program provides students an opportunity to make up credits needed for high school graduation, explore college courses, and earn a head start on college.
- This program is open to students that will be sophomores, juniors, and seniors (grades 10, 11, and 12) by September 2021.
- Students are on the WVC calendar. For this upcoming fall semester, the courses start on September 7 and end on December 14. That is just over three months! Some holidays may differ between WVC and CUHSD.
- Courses students complete, and grades earned, remain on the student’s permanent college transcript. Students can use these units towards high school graduation, towards a WVC degree or certificate, and at other colleges and universities attended in the future.
To apply, complete the instructions below. Students must create an account through OpenCCCApply, obtain a California Community College ID number, use that ID to complete a West Valley College application and obtain at West Valley College ID number (this is an important number that you must hold on to), and complete the online Dual Enrollment Application. That application will be sent to your high school counselor who will network with West Valley College’s admissions office. If you have enrolled in one of our courses before, you will still need to apply again for this upcoming term.
- Complete an online application at Apply and Register for Classes | West Valley College. (Students who were in the DE program in the fall are required to complete a new application). Here you will create an OpenCCCApply account. You will receive a CCC ID# (ex: AF861972) via email; this is not your West Valley College ID#. Your CCC ID# will give you access to the online application.
- Using your CCC ID#, log into OpenCCCApply through the Apply Now link and complete the West Valley College Application.
- Within 5min – 2hrs you will receive your West Valley College ID# (ex: G08100081) via email. Save this number in a place you can easily access it. You will need this number moving forward. Email the WVC Admissions Office if you do not receive your ID number, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, confirmation number, and birthdate.
- Click on the link Dual Enrollment | West Valley College to access the Dual Enrollment Application. The application will be sent to Leigh school counselors.
|Introduction to Administrative Justice||71294|
Child Growth and Development
Introduction to Psychology