About Ms. Moseley
I started my career at Leigh in 2002 and have called it home ever since. I earned my bachelors degrees in English and Music (voice) from the University of Colorado at Boulder (GO BUFFS!) and my teaching credential from San Jose State. I became a Google Certified Educator in 2015.
I currently teach English 1 and AP English Language and Composition. In the past, I've taught English 2, Drama, French 1, French 2, and AVID 1. I coached Leigh's Mock Trial team from 2002 to 2018 and was previously the coordinator for Leigh's accreditation process known as WASC. I'm currently a member of the district's task force that trains teachers in best grading practices. I encourage students to read widely, think critically, and use technology tools to enhance learning. In 2009, I was selected as CUHSD's Teacher of the Year. To see my classroom wish list, please click here.
Outside of work I enjoy being active outdoors. In 2007 I started mountaineering and canyoneering, and I've climbed eight of California's fifteen "fourteeners," mountains over 14,000 feet high. Canyoneering involves descending narrow canyons by rappelling, climbing, and jumping into pools of water. I served as a National Park ranger for two summers in Chaco Culture National Historical Park in northwest New Mexico.
Fun facts about me:
- I have three chickens
- I've lived in eight different states
- I LOVE dogs - I started fostering dogs in 2013 and became a "foster fail" in July 2019 when I adopted one of my fosters!
- I went to high school in Virginia
- I have a "French family" who saved my grandpa in World War II and who I still keep in touch with
Follow me on Twitter: @MsMoseleyLHS
Course Information Sheets
- English 1 Course Information Sheet - 2019-20
- AP English Language and Composition Course Information Sheet - 2019-20
- AVID 1 Course Information Sheet - 2019-20